Monday, October 5, 2009

the sinner's plea

I'm tired of stumbling in the darkness
And being blinded by the light
I'm tired of losing battles, I no longer want to fight
My soul is beaten, battered
My heart is tired and torn
My body is so broken, my mind is worn
All I want is peace, just a little joy
I'm tired of being tossed around like some old useless toy
Like a yen without a yang, like a ship without a sail
I fell like no matter what I try all I do is fail
It's not that I don't want to work
Or I don't want to try
But all the hurt and frustration makes me want to cry
I'm all alone and lost wandering around
Give me wings to fly instead of crawling on the ground

I wish, I wait, I wonder as time goes by
With every new heartache my soul slowly dies
I feel so alone, so abandon and forgotten
No one cares what they step on,
Where their footprints trodden
And as the dreams go by I begin to lust
All I want is happiness, that is all I ask
Yet no one can provide this easily filled task
In my many trials I try to fill the hole
With different pills and alcohol but in the end I know
That I will still be empty, nothing will quite do
I've slowly come to realize what I need is you

Through the joy I see in others, the smiles on their faces
Makes me want to follow them to all of the places,
That they go and see where they find it all
The place I've come to realize is not a place at all
Instead it is a God full of mercy and of grace
Can he save this sinner from this lonely place?
He gave me white upon birth, I've turned it into black
And now I am afraid it's too late to go back
Alone it's true I'm helpless, there's nothing I can do
But the love of God will always see me through.

No comments:

Post a Comment