Friday, January 15, 2010

Friendship

I would give you the world,
If I thought it would make you happy.
I would give you a song,
To make your soul sing.
I would hand you your dreams,
If I thought you would take them.
And lay down the stars of the sky at your feet,
To light your way.
But we were not meant to be a duet;
Rather two separate songs sung in harmony.
And so I will give you what you need to succeed,
Hope and courage, a hand.
I will sing you a song,
For you to hear with enjoyment.
We will celebrate the dreams you achieve,
and I will help you achieve them.
Your way will be lit,
By the streetlight that is our friendship.
And one day, when we're old,
We will look back and say:
What a wonderful thing it is,
To have a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment