Sunday, December 13, 2009

One Day

Oh that what I would give for a day
To see the bright colors of dawn pierce through the darkness
To feel the sun’s rosy fingers caress my skin with warmth
Hear hope spreading like whispers on morning breezes
And see dreams reflected on the newly fallen dew of life
Silence fills the cold air as the world awakens
Full of potential and promise
The sun’s rays peak and rise to show the world the truth

Warmth seeps through, that I could lay here for eternity
Basking in its glory and joy
Seeing all that surrounds in its splendor
Beauty that cannot be expressed
I need nothing more
One day I have to live
Frolicking through meadows and green pastures
Fertile land brings life forth with wildflowers
Birds sing their sweet songs
No cloud dares mar the sky in its wide expanse
My soul is home, happy, that all dreams are so easily fulfilled

What I would give to stay here
But already twilight creeps forth, bringing darkness
Reminding with fading light that all things must end
As dawn rose, so it fades, slowly
Reminding of promise and dreams, hope
To have seen the truth and its beauty
The sinking of the sun is magnificent, striking in its own way
There is beauty in sadness, warmth to the cold
For once you see the world, light is ever present
Even when the darkness rises I close my eyes and see
I can still feel the warmth, see the light
After dawn the world is never the same
Oh that what I would give for a day

No comments:

Post a Comment