Sunday, November 1, 2009

Promise Me

Just promise me you'll stay by my side
Promise me a love that will never die
Promise me a way back to you
I will always love you, I will never leave
Just promise me:
A way to stay next to you
Never go a place I can't go too
We have been through so much already,
So promise me

I know that it's your time to go
But promise me one thing before you do
A way back to you, to see your face
Promise me a way to feel your embrace
Promise me a way to hear your voice
I will listen, I have no choice
My heart is not my own, it belongs to you
If you leave my heart will too
And all that will be left is a shadow of who I used to be
So promise me

Just a little longer is all I ask
Let this moment linger, may it never pass
Please don't close your eyes,
Not yet oh;I am not ready to let go
Before you go away, before you leave
promise me:
Promise me one day we'll see each other again
Promise me that this not the end

It's too early for your time
We were just beginning to do fine
The budding of a new love into bloom
And now it's all ending far too soon
What happened to forever?
What happened to never letting go?


When you are around I feel as if I could fly,
You give me wings that give me strength to try
Anything, anything at all
Because I know you'll be there if I fall
Promise me a tomorrow
Promise me a sunrise
Promise me I'll wake up and look into your eyes
Promise me that fairytale endings can come true
'Cause I can't imagine my life without you

Just a little longer is all I ask
Let this moment linger, may it never pass
Please don't close your eyes
Not yet oh; I am not ready to let go
Promise me one day we'll see each other again
Promise that this is not the end
Promise me
Promise me

No comments:

Post a Comment